How can we improve Bibles.org?

Bible stat data

I am new to this service so there might already be a way to do this already, but the program I am working on has drop-down boxes to select a specific verse or range of verses and if there was an easy way to request info on the whole bible at once (Sorted by language, Available versions, Book names, numbers of chapters per book, number of verses per chapter) it would be helpful to set field limits. On the other hand I suppose I could look it all up and hard-code it into my program.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    wmhorsey shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminAmanda (American Bible Society, American Bible Society) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Everyone,

I would like to invite you to sign up for the API through our new platform API.Bible. There is a lot more documentation and examples on how to do things. You can also fetch all available versions in real time.

From there you will be prompted to apply, and then will receive an email with some follow-up questions to approve your app.

Best wishes,
        Amanda Crono
        American Bible Society

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Get all versions (languages and bible versions), https://bibles.org/v2/versions.js. Depending on the programming language you are working with, there are options for sorting arrays.
        To get all books and chapters just use this, https://bibles.org/v2/versions/{versionID}/books.js?include_chapters=true (replace {versionID} with the actual version ID for the version you want).
        Depending on what programming languages you are working with, there are different options, but in JS you can use something like, bibleVM.BibleVersions.length (bibleVM.BibleVersions is an array that contains all the versions) to determine how many versions there are.

Feedback and Knowledge Base